Our bundles are fool-proof, however we'll give you run through anyway to give you the most optimised experience.
1. Receive your package
2. Store all items in the refrigerator immediately or stow box under the shade if you plan on cooking in the next hour. (contents are packed in a thermal bag & ice-pack)
1. Place the provided pizza box (insulator) below the grill, ensuring the grill is securely fitted.
2. Remove the stainless steel grate from the grill unit, locate the firelighters & light them up.
3. Ensure the charcoals are being heated by carefully piling them up above the flame, whilst avoiding accidently suffocating it. Wait 30-40 minutes.
4. After the charcoals have a red amber glow, feel free to spread the charcoals evenly amongst the charcoal brazier, placing the stainless steel grate back on & voila! You're ready to get started!
- COOK MARINATED MEATS LAST. Why? Sugary marinates tend to stick to the grate, which will eventually lead to clumpy burnt cooking surface. We want to completely avoid this as it will add an off-putting bitter taste to other cuts of meat such as wagyu. It's not fun spoiling a cut like that!
- The centre of the grill is the hottest section, we recommend this section for thin pieces of meat such as wagyu & angus. Try to avoid cooking thick pieces of protein including pork over this area for extensive time periods, as it will lead to a burnt exterior before the centre of the cut has time to cook.
- Wagyu can be easy to over-cook. We like to use the 80/20 rule to ensure a perfect cook. Simply sear one side of the wagyu slice to a golden tinge, flipping it & then cooking the otherside for 20% of the total time (we'd say about 10-20 seconds on the other side depending on which section its being cooked over.)
- Do not handle the grill once you have finished grilling, we'd recommending waiting for the charcoal to ash.